According to auto club AAA, nearly 33 million people will travel at least 50 miles from home for the unofficial start of the summer travel season this Memorial Day Weekend.
As insurance agents, our mind is trained to think ahead so we thought we’d share a few tips for things to be sure you’ve got packed in the car before you hit the road this weekend:
- Jumper Cables – let’s be honest, the moment you need them is the moment you don’t have them!
- First Aid Kit – there is always one accident-prone one in the crew
- Flashlight – it’s our hope you don’t need it while driving; but it will transition well right from the car to the campfire
- Cell Phone Charger – because we know you’ll be wanting to check the Dimond Bros Facebook page for fun information, photos and insights while you’re away (of course, not WHILE driving)
- Car Manual – nothing worse than getting a blinking light on your dash for the first time while away from home and having no idea what it is
- Sunglasses – because we hope wherever your travels take you that the sun is always shining
- Water – because the only thing worse than all those stops for the bathroom are all the stops because you’re thirsty – stay fueled and hydrated!
- Blanket – whether it’s an impromptu picnic or a surprisingly chilly summer night you can’t go wrong with this addition
- Vehicle Registration – we don’t make the laws, just reminding you to abide by them
- Insurance Identification Card – of course we saved the best for last! If you don’t have the most up to date card, call your local office today to get one before you hit the road.
Stay safe and enjoy the weekend. Our thanks and gratitude go out to the men and women actively serving our country as well as veterans and their families for all their sacrifices. Happy Memorial Day.
Blog Archive – Search Blog